Stews make great meals: you cook the meat and the vegetables together, which is tasty, fast and really simple. You only use one pot to cook an entire meal, which means less dirty dishes for you to wash. And you don’t have to worry about preparing a side dish for your main dish. Here are some simple Paleo stew recipes that taste absolutely delicious, served cold or hot.
Paleo stew recipes 1
Chicken stew with a twist
Ingredients: one whole organic chicken, two large onions, one red pepper, three large carrots, one parsley root, one small celery root, a few celery sticks, one pound (500 gr.) champignon mushroom, vegetable oil, fresh parsley leaves. The twist comes from the sauce that you add when the stew is almost done: one large glass of tomato juice, five or six cloves or garlic, lime juice and black pepper.
- Cut the chicken in serving size pieces. Chop the onions and the pepper.
- Put the vegetable oil into a large pot, add the onion, the red pepper and the chicken into the pot. Put in on the stove and cook them together for about 15 or 20 minutes, until the chicken browns a little. Keep stirring, to keep the meat and the vegetables from sticking to the pot.
- Finely chop the carrots, parsley and celery roots. Put them in the pot and add fresh water, until all the ingredients are covered. Allow it to boil for 30 minutes.
- Cut the celery sticks and the champignon mushrooms in bite size pieces. Add them in the pot and let the stew cook for another 15 minutes, with the top off.
- Mix the tomato juice with crushed garlic cloves and lemon juice. Chop the parsley leaves and add them inside the pot. The recipe needs a lot of garlic, so don’t be shy about it. However, it’s not the kind of stew you should be having before an important meeting – savor this special recipe during weekends.
Enjoy this delicious paleo stew recipes chicken stew with a twist!
Paleo stew recipes 2
Pork and organs stew
Ingredients: two pounds (one kilogram) pork meat, two pounds (one kilogram) pork organs (liver, kidney, tongue and heart), three large onions, two red peppers, a few cloves of garlic, vegetable oil, sea salt, black pepper, dried laurel leaves, dried calamint and fresh dill.
- Fill a large pot with water, put it on the stove and let it boil. Put the pork tongue and liver in the boiling water for about ten minutes. Take them out and allow them to cool. When the tongue is cold, peel it and cut it in bite size pieces. Cut the liver as well.
- It’s time to cut into bite size pieces the other organs (kidney and heart) and the pork meat.
- Finely chop the vegetables: onions, peppers and garlic.
- Pour a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pot. Put the chopped vegetables in the pot and cook them for about five minutes. Add the pork meat and organs in the pot and brown them on all sides for a few minutes.
Enjoy this delicious paleo stew recipes pork and organs stew!