Paleo Soup are very healthy meals, providing you the nutrients you need and very few calories. You can have Paleo soup for lunch, dinner or even as a snack, if we’re talking about a light vegetables soup. You can cook your soups in a large pot and keep it in the fridge for days – it’s the kind of dish that still tastes great after a few days.
Ingredients: two pounds (one kilogram) minced pork meat, one egg, two large onions, two red peppers, three large carrots, one celery root, a few celery sticks, two parsley roots, parsley leaves, lemon juice, vegetable oil, black pepper, sea salt.
- Chop finely one of the onions and one pepper. Put some oil in a large pan and cook the onion and the pepper for two minutes. Add the minced meat in the pan and cook for another two minutes, mixing all the time. Let it cool and incorporate the egg. Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper.
- Grease your hands with a few drops of vegetable oil. Take small quantities of the minced meat and form bite size meatballs. Arrange them on a large plate and leave them in the fridge for now.
- Clean and chop all the other vegetables. Take a large pot, put some vegetable oil in the pot and let it heat. Add the vegetables and let them roast a little – two or three minutes.
- Pour fresh water in the pot – for this recipe, you need four liters (one gallon) of water. Cover the pot with a top and get it to the boiling point.
- After the water starts boiling, put the meatballs in the soup. Reduce the heat and allow it to boil slowly, for about an hour.
- Turn off the heat and add the juice from a medium lemon and finely chopped parsley leaves to the soup. Enjoy this paleo soup!
Paleo Soup 2
Cabbage soup with smoked meat and tomato juice
Ingredients: one-pound/500 gr. smoked pork meat (a smoked piece of ham, with some bone in, would be perfect), one medium cabbage, one onion, one pepper, two carrots, one parsley root, some celery sticks, one cup (250 ml) tomato juice, vegetable oil, fresh dill and dried laurel leaves.
- Chop all the vegetables, except the cabbage. Put three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pot, heat it and add the chopped vegetables. Let them roast tor a few minutes. Pour one gallon (four liters) fresh water in the pot, add the smoked meat and let it boil, with the top on, for about half of hour.
- Chop the cabbage very finely. Add the cabbage in the soup and the dried laurel leaves and let them boil for another 30 minutes. When the vegetables and the meat are almost done, pour the tomato juice in the pot. Allow it to boil for another 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Taste the soup – you can add some lemon juice or black pepper, if you want. Chop the fresh dill and put it in the pot.
Enjoy the paleo soup and keep up the paleo diet!