Why not Paleo pizza? The secret is to find a tasty replacement for the flour normally used in pizza crusts. Fortunately, there are a few options for you, such as crusts made with mashed vegetables or nuts meal. Here are two paleo pizza recipes that follow all the principles of the Paleo diet.
with cauliflower crust
Ingredients: one large cauliflower, two eggs, a few tablespoons of olive oil, basil and oregano, one large tomato, one red pepper, green onions, a handful of green olives, a few prosciutto slices.
- Cut the cauliflower in small bouquets and rinse them well. Put two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Put the cauliflower in the pan, pour a glass of water on top, cover the pan and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Take the top off from the pan and cook the cauliflower until all the water evaporates. It’s very important to let the cauliflower on the stove until there is no water or juices left in the pan.
- Put the cauliflower in the food processor and give it a few spins. Add the two eggs and mix the composition very well.
- Start preheating the oven. Take a pizza pan, put some parchment paper in the pan and grease the paper with a few drops of olive oil.
- Put the cauliflower composition in the pan and spread it regularly – form a layer that has the same thickness on the entire surface of the pan.
- Cook the crust for 20 minutes, at medium heat.
- Cut the tomato and the pepper in very thin slices. Chop the green onions.
- Take the crust from the oven, put the toppings: tomato and pepper slices, green onions, prosciutto and green olives. Sprinkle some basil and oregano on top.
- Put the pan back in the oven, for another 10 or 15 minutes. Eat the pizza while still hot. Enjoy!
Almond meal paleo pizza
Ingredients: three large eggs, thee tablespoons of almonds meal, a handful of dried tomatoes, one red pepper, a few slices of good quality ham, a few cloves of garlic, some green onions, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Chop all vegetables, including the dried tomatoes. Cut the ham in dices.
- Start preheating the oven.
- Put the three eggs in a food processor and beat them well, until they double the volume. Add the almonds meal.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients (the ham and the vegetables) in the eggs and almonds meal composition. Sprinkle some basil, oregano and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Take a medium pizza pan and grease it with a few drops of olive oil. Pour the composition in the pan and spread it regularly.
- Bake the pizza for about 40 minutes at medium temperature. You can have it hot or cold. Enjoy!