Paleo Menu is a very healthy, diversified one. You can choose among a great variety of meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. The only foods excluded from a Paleo cuisine are the grains, refined sugar, dairy products and certain types of legumes, such as beans. You can cook a lot of delicious dishes using the foods from the Paleo foods list, so you don’t have to worry that your paleo menu will be boring and repetitive.
If your recently switched to Paleo diet, you might need some help with the menus. People find it kind of hard to give up on bread, cereals and milk products and to find replacements for all those aliments. Writing down a Paleo menu for each day of the week will be a huge help for you.
Breakfast paleo menu
Breakfast is probably the most challenging meal when it comes to the Paleo diet. Most people have milk and cereals or combinations of bread, butter and chees for breakfast. Also, most of them drink a cup of coffee in the morning. Paleo diets exclude all those aliments, so you need to come up with some good replacements. Here are some examples of proper breakfast following the Paleo way:
- Combine eggs and vegetables for a healthy breakfast. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, poached eggs with tomatoes and peppers salad or boiled eggs with cucumbers and celery sticks aside are great options for your Paleo breakfast.
- If you miss your cereals bowl, you can replace it with a healthy fruits salad. You can also add nuts and seeds to the fruits salad.
- Milk can be replaced with almonds milk. You can buy the almonds milk directly from the stores, but you can also make it yourself, it’s very easy. Crush the almonds, cover them with clean water and put them on the fridge for 24 hours. Then, filter the liquid through a thick cloth and the almond milk is ready. You can have it as it is or you can prepare fruit shakes or hot cocoa using the almond milk.
- Instead of coffee, you can have a rooibos or green tea.
Lunch paleo menu
The right lunch should contain good quality proteins from meat and fish. A beefsteak or a nice piece of grilled fish, with a large salad aside, are good choices for your paleo lunch menu. Most people find it very hard to have a Paleo lunch while at office. However, when you plan your food for the next day, take 10 extra minutes to pack a healthy Paleo lunch for you. There are several options for a packed Paleo lunch. The only thing you should avoid is packing foods with strong smells. Avoid all the dishes that contain garlic, onions or other condiments and spices with a strong smell. Here are some suggestions:
- A slice of meatloaf with some vegetables aside;
- Grilled vegetables and chicken;
- A green leaves salad with pork. Pack the vinaigraitte or the dressing in a different recipient and add it to the salad when you eat it. This way, your salad will taste really fresh and delicious.
Dinner paleo menu
For dinner, you can have lean meats, grilled vegetables, stews or soups. Avoid fatty foods and salads made of raw vegetables – they are harder to digest and they will affect your sleep.
Beside the three main meals, you should also have two snacks each day added to your paleo menu. Dried and fresh fruits, nuts and seeds, jerky meat and vegetables are some of your snack options.