If you’re on the Paleo diet, it doesn’t mean you can enjoy a cookie or two now and then. There are many delicious and healthy paleo cookies recipes, which don’t contain refined sugar and grains.
Raisins and almonds paleo cookies
Ingredients: three large eggs, one-cup (110 gr.) almonds butter, two cups (220 gr.) almonds flour, two cups (220 gr.) raisins, one teaspoon of organic honey, baking powder.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites very well, until they are stiff, dense and shiny.
- Mix the egg yolks with the egg whites very slowly, making sure that the composition remains fluffy.
- Melt the almonds butter in the microwave and add it into the mixture. Add the honey.
- It’s the time to put in the dry ingredients: incorporate the almonds flour, one spoon at a time, stirring continuously. Add the raisins and the baking powder.
- Take a large oven pan. Put some parchment paper in the pan. Take small quantities of dough with a teaspoon and arrange them in the pan.
- Put the pan in the hot oven for about 20 minutes. Allow to the cookies to cool and store them in an airtight container. Enjoy this paleo cookies recipe!
Cocoa and coconut paleo cookies
Ingredients: three large eggs, two agave nectar spoons, one-cup (110 gr.) cocoa powder, one-cup (110 gr) coconut oil, two cups (220 gr.) dried coconut flakes, one teaspoon vanilla extract, two cinnamon teaspoons, baking powder.
- Break the three eggs and mix them with the agave nectar.
- If the coconut oil is not liquid enough, melt it in the microwave. Start adding the coconut oil into the mixture, one spoon at a time, stirring all the time.
- Add the cocoa powder and the dried coconut flakes into the mixture.
- It’s the time to put the flavors: vanilla extract and the cinnamon. Incorporate the baking powder.
- Leave the composition to rest for half an hour. The dried coconut flakes will hydrate, thanks to the moist composition.
- If, after the half an hour, the composition looks too runny, you can add another spoon of cocoa powder or coconut flakes – as you prefer.
- Put some parchment paper into an oven pan and put small quantities of the mixture inside the pan.
- Put the pan in the hot oven and bake the cookies for about 40 or 50 minutes. Allow them to cool, take them from the pan and keep them in an airtight container. Enjoy this paleo cookies recipe!
Paleo cookies tips:
- When making paleo cookies, you can’t use grains, such as wheat or rye flour. This is why the dough will be very moist. However, if the cookies mixture looks too runny, add a spoon of cocoa powder, coconut flakes, grounded almonds or walnuts.
- Finely chopped dried fruits can successfully replace refined sugar.
- You can adapt your favorite cookies recipes to the paleo diet. Milk can be replaced by coconut milk or almonds milk. Instead of wheat and rye flour you can use almond meal, finely ground walnuts or coconut flakes. Butter can be substituted by almond butter, cocoa butter, hazelnut butter or pumpkin seed butter. Good replacements for sugar are agave nectar, organic honey or finely chopped dried fruits. Enjoy this paleo cookies recipe!